Support for flood affected customers

If you or your business has been impacted by the NSW flooding, there's support available from government and community agencies. You might also need extra support relating to your energy and water accounts, including:

  • additional time to pay your bills
  • a break in a current payment plan due to your changed circumstances
  • help with reconnection of supply or meter replacement.

Energy provider assistance

All energy retailers and networks have existing hardship programmes that are designed to support you if you're having problems paying your bills. Contact your retailer or distributor directly to find out how it can help.

Information about outages and reconnection of supply is available on energy distributors’ websites:

Water provider assistance

Water providers may also offer payment extensions and other assistance. Please contact your provider directly to discuss how it can help. 

How we can help

If you have an issue with your energy or water provider, contact them first to find out how they can help. If you're not happy with their response contact us to lodge a complaint. We handle complaints about any of our members.

Government and community support

Support for small business

Service NSW have collated a list of business support for flood-affected communities. You can also find support links on the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman website and the Small Business Commissioner website.