We've warmly welcomed four new Directors to our Board.
April Blair, Intellectual Disability Rights Service and Joanna Quilty, CEO NCOSS are our two new Community Directors.
They fill the Board roles vacated by Robyn Evans from the Salvation Army and Iain Maitland from the Ethnic Communities Council who both completed their maximum two terms.
Our two new Industry Directors are Theo Whitmont, Kincumber Nautical Village and Anne Pearson, Energy Australia.
Theo fills the role vacated by Jodie Blake, Jemena and Anne fills the role of Chris Ryan from Energy Australia.
“Our new Directors’ wide-ranging experience in consumer advocacy, community support and industry will enhance our already very skilled Board,” Ombudsman, Janine Young said.
“We would like to thank all of our retiring Directors for their contribution and commitment over a combined period of over 21 years.”
Our new Directors join the current Board comprising:
- Tony Crawford, Chair
- Kate Temby, Community Director, St Vincent de Paul Society NSW Executive Director, Strategy and Governance
- Craig Memery, Community Director, Interest Advocacy Centre
- Rod Stowe, Community Director, Super Consumers Australia Board and Consumer Advocacy Trust Fund Board
- Rob Amphlett Lewis, Industry Director, Ausgrid
- Jane Mills, Industry Director, Alinta Energy
- David Stockler, Industry Director, Water NSW
The Board is made up of an independent Chair, five Industry Directors, from our electricity, gas and water provider members and five Community Directors from a variety of community organisations.